What is Turbotax Login?
Turbotax is a software that helps both individuals and small companies in filing the tax return. Users can easily plan and prepare income taxes and can solve taxation-related issues. The TurboTax software is always up-to-date with the latest tax laws and conducts thousands of error checks before filing the tax return. Further, with Turbotax electronic tax filing feature, users can receive guaranteed and fastest tax refunds. Also, for the TurboTax login, it is important to create an account first.
TurboTax software maintains track of all the transactions during the year and helps businesses to calculate income and deductions. TurboTax works with programs like Quickbooks and Quicken, so you can import information directly into your tax return. Also, the software automatically fills all the tax forms with accuracy which saves users time. Users simply need to take a photo of their wage and tax statements and the system will input the data by itself.
Procedure to Create a Turbotax Account
To access TurboTax software and for filing a tax return, account creation is necessary. Also, for the TurboTax login, you need to create an account first. Hence below-given is the procedure:
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Now, go to turbotax.com by typing it in the address bar.
- It will take you to a new page, click on the Sign-in tab which is located at the top.
- The sign-in page will appear on your screen. Click on create an account and then fill all the necessary details that are given below:
- Enter a valid email address in the first field to receive important emails.
- In the next field, enter your User ID and move forward to the next step.
- Now, enter your phone number in the given field, but this field is not compulsory to fill.
- After that, you need to create a strong password according to the below-given specifications:
- The password should contain at least 8 characters.
- Use both uppercase and lowercase letters.
- The password must include at least one number.
- Use valid symbols
- Then, you are required to type your password again for confirmation.
- If you agree with all the terms and conditions of the agreements, click on the blue Create Account button.
- Once your account is created, you will receive an email to confirm your account.
- To verify, open the mail and click verify my email button.
Procedure for Turbotax Login
Follow the given steps for TurboTax login:
- Open a web browser.
- Now, go to turbotax.com and click on the sign-in button located at the top of the page.
- On the sign-in page, enter the User ID that you have used while creating your account.
- After that, enter your password into the given field. Also, if you want to go directly into your account next time, tick the Remember me box given there.
- Lastly, click on the blue Sign in button. By signing in, you are accepting all the terms and conditions of TurboTax.
Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve TurboTax Login Issues
Sometimes, users cannot log in to their account due to various issues. Hence, here are some methods that may resolve your issue so that you will be able to login to your account successfully.
Enter the correct email address:
If the page is showing error while trying for the TurboTax login, there might be a possibility that you are entering an invalid email address. So firstly, ensure that the email address you have provided must be registered with the TurboTax account. Further, make sure that you are typing all the characters of the email address in small case letters and also it should not contain any unwanted spaces.
But if the issue does not resolve, it may be a problem of typing the wrong password. In that case, you are required to reset your TurboTax login password.
Reset TurboTax Login Password
To set a new password, go through the steps that are given below.
- Firstly, go to turbotax.intuit.com.
- Then, click on the sign-in tab.
- After that, click on I forgot my user ID or password in order to recover your password.
- It will take you to a new window, enter your email address, phone number or User ID.
- Then, click on the blue continue button given there.
- If you use your email id, you will immediately receive an email to reset your password. But if you have provided your phone number, TurboTax will send you a text message with a reset password link. Also, the link gets expired in a few hours.
- Open the mail or text message and click on the blue Reset Password button.
- In the next window, enter a new password according to all the necessary password requirements.
- Then, type your password again in the next field in order to confirm it.
- Then, click on the continue button and proceed to the next step.
- It will show you a pop-up box. Select save if you want to save your password, otherwise select Never.
- The new password is successfully created and now you can try for TurboTax login with your new password.
If the issue continues, follow the next method.
Delete your saved windows credentials
If you have changed your password recently and typing the wrong password repeatedly, then it might possible that the wrong credentials are saved. So, if you are continuously facing issues and the login page is not responding, delete the saved login credentials of TurboTax. Hence, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, click the Start button on your computer.
- After that, select Control Panel from the given list of options.
- Then, go to the search field located at the top of the window and type Credentials.
- After that, click Credential Manager and move forward to the next step.
- In the next window, click on “Windows Credentials” and it will show you a list of credentials.
- Now, select your preferred credentials that you wish to delete from the given list and click on the “Remove” button.
- A pop-up box appears on your screen asking you- Do you want to delete the item?. Click on the Yes button in order to complete the process.
The saved credentials are now deleted. You can try for TurboTax login again.
Delete Browsing History and Cache files.
Sometimes, the existence of past history slows down the performance of your PC. It creates problems while accessing the sign-in page and does not allow you to log in to your account. So to resolve the login issues, delete all the past browsing history and unwanted files from your computer. For that, you need to follow the below-given steps carefully:
For Chrome Browser:
- First of all, open the Chrome Browser on your system.
- In the next window, click on Customize and control icon represented by three dots which is located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- It will show you a list, select History from the given list.
- Now, on the left side of the screen, click Clear Browsing Data to delete all the past history. Also, select the time period by clicking the drop-down box, for example, last hour or all time according to your preference.
- After that, it will show you several boxes on your screen. You need to tick the appropriate boxes and make sure that you have selected all the unwanted files.
- Lastly, click on the Clear data button to delete the selected data.
For Safari browser:
- Firstly, open the Safari browser on your Mac system.
- Go to the upper-left corner of your screen and click on the Safari tab. It will show you a list of options.
- You need to select “History” from the list. A pop-up will appear on your screen, select the time period according to your preference and click on the Clear History button.
Note: The procedure may vary depending on the browsers you are using for TurboTax Login.
Restart your system and router:
If the above methods do not resolve your login issue, restart your system and the router. Sometimes, due to low-speed internet connection, the sign-in page does not respond and you are unable to login to your account. Hence, to reboot your system and to get a high-internet speed, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, turn off your system.
- After that, turn off the modem by pressing it’s on/off button. Also, unplug the modem from the electrical board.
- Now, you need to wait for 15-30 seconds.
- Plugin the modem again.
- Restart your modem and system. Also, enable the internet connection on your system.
Now, you can try to login to your Turbotax account.
So, the above-given is the full-guide for account creation and TurboTax login. Also, if you are facing any kind of issues while login to your account, follow the above-given troubleshooting methods. It may help you in resolving all kinds of issues.